Homeware made from upcycled jeans by Nudie

nudie-jeans-camper-seat

Swedish company Nudie Jeans have upcycled 2700 pairs of old, worn out jeans into limited edition rugs and camper seats. The In-and-Out Seam Camper Seat was inspired by Sweden’s love of camping and is made from the in-and-out seam from nine pairs of jeans. The Rag Rug is made from the shredded legs of the jeans used for the Camper Seats and is available in two sizes. 90% of each pair of jeans was recycled and the remaining 10% (back pockets, rivets, buttons, and waistbands) are being kept for another project.

nudie-jeans-2

nudie-jeans-camper-chair

nudie-jeans-rag-rug

nudie-jeans-upcycled-rug-detail

Images via Nudie Jeans

Author: Antonia Edwards

Antonia is the founding editor of Upcyclist. Based in the UK, she is the author of two books: 'Upcyclist: Reclaimed and Remade Furniture, Lighting and Interiors' (Prestel 2015) and 'Renovate Innovate: Reclaimed and Upcycled Homes' (Prestel 2017).